Museum of local lore
Kaluga Regional Museum of local lore was built in the early XIX century. It’s a typical example of Russian classicism. It was once the estate of the merchant of the first guild M.P. Zolotarev, who wished to live in a house that resembles a palace-looking like the buildings in Moscow. Today it is the main building of the museum. Other 9 branches are located in different areas of Kaluga region.
The history of the museum is related with many Russian notabilities. In 1755 Empress Catherine II was visiting one of the estates of the museum complex.
Address: 14, Pushkina street, Kaluga
Telephone: +7 (4842) 74-40-07